Here Are Some Points About Listing Photography and Why It Is So Important When Selling Your Home!
According to a 2017 National Association of Realtors Study, 99% of Millennials and 89% of Baby Boomers search online to buy a home. Your listing photos are your homes first showing and you get one chance to make a great first impression.
Here are my 7 rules for achieving the ultimate listing photos:
- Using a professional real estate photographer is paramount, no iPhone photos allowed and never list your home online without photos.
- Showcase a great shot of the front of your property and make sure it is a clear and sunny day. Buyers decide in a matter of seconds if they want to click and look at your photos. An aerial shot captured with a drone is a fantastic way to show off a large property especially with a waterfront location.
- Be sure to clean, declutter, organize and remove. I will link a blog post I wrote on exactly what you need to do for the day of the photos.
- Feature the best rooms in your home, try to evoke emotion and create the best space possible. I recommend staging for empty homes.
- If you got it, show it off. I am talking about your view of course :) Ariel drone shots are a great tool for this and also help show your location.
- No pets in your photos. I know how important your pet is, but it may not be to the next buyer. This could deter someone right from the get-go.
- The brighter the better, if the room is dark consider skipping it for the photo shoot but a night shot with the lights on can look very cool so consider that if you think its a highlight.
Would you like to see other episodes of the Josh Dotoli Group Show? Click on the image below for each episode.
|Episode #1||Episode #2|